We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around Dusseldorf from Rennaissance Hotel

Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Getting around Dusseldorf from Rennaissance Hotel

We are in Dusseldorf for a week and won't have car access except in the evenings. It looks like this hotel is not too near the city center and we'd need to take a tram or something? I'm a little worried about expensive to get anywhere and do anything from this location(picked by my husband's work--he'll be off in Mulheim each day).

Are there nice things around that are walkable?

Would they have kid size bikes at some local bike rental?

How exactly do we ride the tram(I know this is silly, but do we just pay with cash when we board, are their ticket stations, exact change?, an all day or weekly pass option?)

This is for myself and my 8 yr old daughter. Thanks!

Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around Dusseldorf from Rennaissance Hotel

I did find this card for 1, 2, or 3 days. I am not sure if it's worth the cost since I don't have a plan for what to do each day yet. If I just want to see the Old Town and fool around there for a day maybe it wouldn't be worth it that day. duesseldorf-tourismus.de/en/duesseldorfcard/

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around Dusseldorf from Rennaissance Hotel

When you ride the tram, you buy the ticket in advance. You can stamp the tickets at small machines inside the tram.

At buses, you board at the front and present the ticket (here you can buy single ride tickets from the driver).

Re Location:

The Hotel is great - but a little bit remote.

Invade to do not want to go to the city center for restaurants, etc, try Tussmannstrasse.

You will find very good restaurants there!

Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around Dusseldorf from Rennaissance Hotel

Thank you!

4. Re: Getting around Dusseldorf from Rennaissance Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:16