We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cologne hotel/apartment recommendation 2 nights July

NI
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cologne hotel/apartment recommendation 2 nights July

We plan to stay Cologne/Aachen area two night on some of ur recommendation. Three travelling. Can anyone recommend good apartment or hotel an suggest the best of the two areas to stay. Thanks

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
519 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cologne hotel/apartment recommendation 2 nights July

As I don't know your preferences, I cannot recommend a specific hotel. There are plenty of hotels in Cologne, just browse through the trip advisor reviews or use hrs.de to check out (and possible book) one.

Regarding whether to stay in Cologne or Aachen, I'd chose Cologne, as there are a lot more things to do in the evening. Aachen can be easily reached by train from Cologne. If you plan to do so, chose one around the cathedral or Hotel ibis directly in the Main station. It is quite good and not pricey, but not luxurious either.

NI
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cologne hotel/apartment recommendation 2 nights July

Many thanks for your response

Ocala FL USA
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cologne hotel/apartment recommendation 2 nights July

In Cologne we stayed at the Hotel Domstern. It's a 5 minute walk to trainstation and Cathedral. The staff was great and the service was superb. Rooms are comfy elevator is available. Grocery store 5 minute walk. Great breakfast too.

NI
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cologne hotel/apartment recommendation 2 nights July

Aw cheers I'll check that out. Travelling with an 80yr old who's def more fit than me at 50 lol. We like eating out, sights nd will def want a one day cruise on Rhine.

5. Re: Cologne hotel/apartment recommendation 2 nights July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Rhineland-Palatinate