We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Linz am Rhein for a couple of hours?

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Linz am Rhein for a couple of hours?

Hello all,

I will be travelling by train from Cologne to St.Goar next month (Where I have planned to stay for three nights) and was thinking of stoping for a couple of hours at Linz am Rhein to visit this town.

Do you think it´s a good idea? would two hours be enough to enjoy this beautiful place?

Is there any place in the train station to leave my luggage for those two hours?

Thank you very much for you feedback.

Jose

Paradise, California
Destination Expert
for Rhineland-Palatinate
Level Contributor
6,098 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Linz am Rhein for a couple of hours?

2 hours in Linz is always better than no time at all. The "Alter Wartesaal" restaurant at the Linz station used to hold bags for travelers - maybe it still does - but there are no lockers there as far as I know. You could also ask to leave bags at the Tourist Information office in the town hall (Rathaus) which is open 10-18:00 M-F. Perhaps on Sat or Sun in summer too. Most TIs will do this for you, but I don't know for sure about Linz. You can send them an e-mail to ask about it: www.linz.de/html2005/deutsch/kontakt/ki-1.htm

Edited: 17 April 2013, 14:23
BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Linz am Rhein for a couple of hours?

Thank you very much Russ

Followed your advise and e.mailed the tourism Officed. Just waiting fot their answear.,

Jose

3. Re: Visiting Linz am Rhein for a couple of hours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 05:16