We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels and restaurants near Landstuhl Hospital

Annandale, Virginia
Level Contributor
305 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels and restaurants near Landstuhl Hospital

any recommendations? It looks like most threads are old. I am just gathering information at this point, don't know when we will be going.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,796 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels and restaurants near Landstuhl Hospital

There are not many options near the hospital.

www.pfaelzer-stuben.de/EnglishVersion.htm

http://s280659823.website-start.de/

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g635858-Landstuhl_Rh…

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels and restaurants near Landstuhl Hospital

It has been decades since I stayed there, too long ago for a recommendation, but the location of the Grüne Laterne was good, right in the middle of Landstuhl.

http://www.gruene-laterne.de/hotel_e.html

The hospital sits on a hill. The town is at its base. I have walked up the hill a couple times but it is a slog. I would suspect that you could get a taxi.

Regards, Gary

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels and restaurants near Landstuhl Hospital

I remembered that the army had a guest house at Landstuhl. You might take a look at this link and see if you qualify to stay. It says no reservations which might be a disadvantage.

armyfisherhouses.org/army-fisher-house-locat…

I you stay at the guest house, I would also wonder where you would eat. There were not any good choices on post when I was there years ago.

Regards, Gary

Annandale, Virginia
Level Contributor
305 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels and restaurants near Landstuhl Hospital

how far away is the town? We will rent a car, so will be mobile.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels and restaurants near Landstuhl Hospital

I've stayed here, and recommend it. It's in Bann, just north of Landstuhl.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g635858-d642…

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels and restaurants near Landstuhl Hospital

"how far away is the town? We will rent a car, so will be mobile."

Landstuhl, the town, is less than a mile from the hospital. The hospital is up a steep hill, so the car will be useful.

The scenery in Bann, which James mentioned, is nice. I used to live in the village beyond it, Queidersbach. It is a pretty, rural area to visit.

Regards, Gary

Annandale, Virginia
Level Contributor
305 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels and restaurants near Landstuhl Hospital

Kaiserslautern is not too far away either, so I understand, and I have heard that is nice as well. True?

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels and restaurants near Landstuhl Hospital

I visited Kaiserslautern to shop and for work, and had a friend that lived there. I did not go 'sight-seeing" there. It was a nice enough town.

In that area, you can day trip to Trier or Bernkastel-Kues on the Mosel. We liked Bad Bergzabern. There is a nearby Wine Road that passes through Bad Dürkheim.

We would also go wine tasting on the Rhine. Schloss Vollrads was our favorite but that was a long time ago. It appears more upscale now by its website.

www.schlossvollrads.com/index.php?id=8&L=0

It is a nice area and a car will be handy.

Regards, Gary

9. Re: Hotels and restaurants near Landstuhl Hospital

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Kaiserslautern