We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koblenz or Boppard - Opinion

Wodonga, Australia
Level Contributor
556 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
Koblenz or Boppard - Opinion

my wife and I will have 2-3 days either in Koblenz or Boppard, can't decide. Interested in opinions of members who have stayed in these places. Which place is recommended for our stay.

Paul

Australia

Mentioned in this post
Koblenz
Koblenz
Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
Boppard
Boppard
greeley, CO
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
487 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koblenz or Boppard - Opinion

Koblenz is a medium sized city. I've stayed there twice but don't remember doing anything other than using it as a place to explore the rhine, Mosel, and Lahn rivers. I prefer a smaller place and would choose Boppard. even though I have never stayed there, it looked like a nice town when i went through it at the end of my rhine boat trip last fall. I've stayed 3 times in Bacharach and really like it, but it may be too tame as it is ver y samll and rather quiet - which is what I like. I stayed at Irmgard Orth's rooms the past two times.

Mentioned in this post
Koblenz
Koblenz
Mosel Wine Region
Mosel Wine Region
Boppard
Boppard
Bacharach
Bacharach
Wodonga, Australia
Level Contributor
556 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koblenz or Boppard - Opinion

Thank you, it seems Boppard may be better than Koblenz

Mentioned in this post
Boppard
Boppard
Koblenz
Koblenz
Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koblenz or Boppard - Opinion

We spent a delightful couple of hours exploring Boppard during a cruise along the Rhine a few yearsago. Koblenz was also a very pleasant town when I visited 30 years ago.

Both town centres centres had the mandatory narrow cobbled streets and geranium-filled window boxes. I suspect that river cruisers invade both towns daily. Accommodation is probably much cheaper a few streets away from the river where tourist pretty meets suburbia.

In Boppard we enjoyed the church and the rehearsal for the evening's organ recital, also the museum devoted to the inventor of bentwood furniture which had some excellent examples of his work.

Mentioned in this post
Boppard
Boppard
Koblenz
Koblenz
Wodonga, Australia
Level Contributor
556 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Koblenz or Boppard - Opinion

Thank you, I agree about the tourist, although that is what we will be,

5. Re: Koblenz or Boppard - Opinion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 05:21