We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does the KD-Cruise ticket work?

Which Koblenz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Penang Island...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How does the KD-Cruise ticket work?

Arriving in Cologne from Amsterdam, on to St.Goar by train.

If I buy the KD cruise ticket from St. Goar to Rudesheim, to travel from St.Goar to Oberwessel (stopover), -> to Bacharach (stopover) -> back to St. Goar (overnight)..next day-> Rudesheim

Question is : can I use the same ticket to go back from Overwessel to overnight at St.Goar and the next day, i use the same ticket to go from St.Goar to Bacharach..

or how does it work? do i have to buy a separate ticket each time i want to get from one village to the other and a different ticket to return to where I board the cruise?

For example, a ticket from St Goar to Oberwessel, and another ticket to return from Oberwessel to St. Goar. Next day., a different ticket from St.Goar to Bacharach...and so on.

I have 4-5 days in the Rhine area...would like to overnight in St.Goar, Bacharach, and Rudesheim. What is the most time-and-cost effective travel option?

Thanks!

Boppard, Germany
Destination Expert
for Boppard
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does the KD-Cruise ticket work?

On the German language website of KD it says that both one-way and return tickets are good for one year but you need to tell the conductor whenever you interrupt your cruise to get your ticket endorsed.

Consider the following:

There are good train connections on both sides of the river. The places you mentioned are not far from each other.:

St. Goar to Oberwesel: 5 minutes by train

Oberwesel to Bacharach: 4 minutes by train

St. Goar to Rüdesheim: Ferry to St. Goarshausen + 24 minutes by train.

You may find it easier if you stay in one place and use the train to the other villages and the starting point of the cruise.

There are day passes for train travel that could be useful:

Rheinland-Pfalz-Ticket: https:/…laender-ticket.shtml

Valid also from Bonn Hbf to the state border, Kaub to Wiesbaden via Rüdesheim and Wiesbaden to Mainz.

VRM day and 3 day tickets (not valid south of Oberwesel and Kaub):

vrminfo.de/en/…

Edited: 10 February 2014, 09:26
Penang Island...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How does the KD-Cruise ticket work?

Thanks detbo :) Appreciate your good tips!

3. Re: How does the KD-Cruise ticket work?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:19