We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a Practika German camera in Trier

10 posts
Save Topic
Buying a Practika German camera in Trier

Dear Friends,

I am planning to purchase a DSLR Camera standard applications.

Can I find it in Trier, because I am a great fan of German technology and thinking for the same.

I want to know, is it worth buying especially in terms of price there ? Because I have heard its expensive. If so which market will be the best place in Trier to purchase the camera.

I will also visit, Belgium, Austria, Greece.

Thanks

Arya

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying a Practika German camera in Trier

To my knowledge Practika does not make a DLSR camera, none on there web site. Leica does, its medium format and cost a fortune.

Trier, Germany
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying a Practika German camera in Trier

I've never been in but there is a camera specialty shop just one block away from the Porta Nigra called Ringfoto Kramp. (walking into the city it is the first right of Simeonstrasse) Probably your best selection will be there.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying a Practika German camera in Trier

If your port of entry is Frankfurt airport, before you go through immigrfation, check the duty-free stores area to see if a camera store carries the camera you want. Then buy it as youi depart Frankfurt again. It may save you some money on the price of thne camer; it will,certainly save you all of the VAT. Otherwise, if you claim the VAT for a camera you bought somewehere else, they will deduct a handling fee from the VAT refund.

Edited: 25 June 2014, 17:50
4. Re: Buying a Practika German camera in Trier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:15