We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage rules on bus from Saarbrücken to Luxembourg

Frankfurt, Germany
2 posts
Save Topic
Luggage rules on bus from Saarbrücken to Luxembourg

Hi all,

I will be travelling from Frankfurt to Luxembourg (changeover to bus in Saarbrücken) on Wednesday for a year-long stay and am trying to find out what the luggage rules are during the bus portion of this route. With train travel, one really isn't limited to luggage, and although there are guidelines, I've rarely seen these enforced. I have two big suitcases (that do meet airline regulations). However, I've found that some buses have different luggage rules from airlines.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage rules on bus from Saarbrücken to Luxembourg

impossible to tell without knowing which bus company you will use. I'd suggest asking them directly.

Frankfurt, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage rules on bus from Saarbrücken to Luxembourg

I'm not actually sure which company it is. I plan to book my ticket on the DB website, and it's connected to the train I will take to Saarbrücken. All it says is FernBus (Bus 123).

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,037 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage rules on bus from Saarbrücken to Luxembourg

Luxembourg-Saarbrücken-Express (bus) is a service of CFL (Luxembourg National Railways) operated by Emile Weber (a bus company).

emile-weber.lu/files/pdf/cfl/saarbruecken-ex…

Nothing in this leaflet about luggage. As this is a service of a railway company there are probably no restrictions at all. But you can contact the bus company of course. They do however provide only contact forms and a phone number.

emile-weber.lu/de/…fahrplanauskunft.html

Hong Kong, China
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage rules on bus from Saarbrücken to Luxembourg

@Janelle Y: I called DB (phew, 50 mins to get thru to an English-speaking operator) and they said it's ok to bring on luggage.

Mine's FernBus 155 (originating from Heidelberg) and I'm planning for a mid Sept trip.

May I know what your experience with luggage was? Thanks!

5. Re: Luggage rules on bus from Saarbrücken to Luxembourg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2015, 06:15