We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frankfurt to Chemnitz travel guide

Which Chemnitz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Topic
Frankfurt to Chemnitz travel guide

Hi

I need to go to Frankfurt airport to Chemnitz by train. Please guide me how can I do so.

1. Can I book a ticket through internet although I am not a german resident?

2. If not can I get a ticket directly from the station on a thurday afternoon?

3. is there any arrangement to carry luggage (trolleys?) in the railway station in Frankfurt?

Please answer to help me.

Thanks a lot in advance

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frankfurt to Chemnitz travel guide

>I need to go to Frankfurt airport to Chemnitz by train. Please guide me how can I do so.

www.bahn.de

To: Chemnitz

>1. Can I book a ticket through internet although I am not a german resident?

Why would it be important whether you are a German resident? All you need is being able to pay, and having a printer.

>2. If not can I get a ticket directly from the station on a thurday afternoon?

Of course you can too.

>3. is there any arrangement to carry luggage (trolleys?) in the railway station in Frankfurt?

What do you mean with an arrangement? And why do you need anything in the Frankfurt train station? Most probably you can take the train straight from the airport to Chemnitz or to Dresden.

Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Frankfurt to Chemnitz travel guide

Thanks for the response. I tried booking online for train tickets in bahn.de, but it is asking for ID card valid for Germany.

I need to change the train to Leipzig to go to Chemnitz from Frankfurt. Since I will be traveling with a lot of luggage, i wanted to know if train station like Leipzig has trolleys to carry luggage?

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,307 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Frankfurt to Chemnitz travel guide

Your ID card is the credit card you pay the ticket with.That is what it asks for. You have to carry the very same credit card with you when travelling, it is checked together with the ticket on board the train to make sure the ticket is genuine.

Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Frankfurt to Chemnitz travel guide

Thanks a lot for the response. Is it possible to use a credit card which belongs to a different continent?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frankfurt to Chemnitz travel guide

Credit cards don't belong "to a different continent". A VISA is a VISA is a VISA. Unless of course you try to pay with some exotic credit card brand which is only in use in India...

Its a globalized word.

As to luggage trolleys, the way to the trolleys within the station is longer than the way to your next train...

Edited: 24 August 2010, 19:10
6. Re: Frankfurt to Chemnitz travel guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2011, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Chemnitz
More Chemnitz Topics