We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boat to Rathen

Which Dresden hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CT
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
boat to Rathen

I see there is a boat that goes from Dresden to Rathen. The company is Sachsischer dampfschhiffahrt. I don't know if there are other companies or not. Does anyone know if it's possible to get off at Bad Schandau and take the train from there to Prague? I know that there is such a train but don't know if the boat docks there to let people disembark or just cruises past. would the train station be within walking distance of the dock?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,573 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: boat to Rathen

saechsische-dampfschiffahrt.de/downloads/sds…

There are boats from Dresden to Bad Schandau. You can go on and off the boats on every listed stop.

map Bad Schandau

bad-schandau.de/bad_schandau/…stadtplan.html

At Bad Schandau there is ferry (Bahnhofsfähre - red dashed line) from the town (where also the steam boat docks) to the train station (Bahnhof).

CT
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boat to Rathen

Thanks you so much for the info and especiallly for the map of Bad Schandau. Exactly what I needed to know. I don't know how I would ever plan a trip without all you people willing to take the time to help.

3. Re: boat to Rathen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Dresden