We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hausmannturm ticket

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
888 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hausmannturm ticket

Hi Dresden experts,

I will be visiting the city in a week (Sunday 4th and Monday 5th August) and hope to climb the Hausmannturm for a nice view over Dresden. According to several websites a ticket for just the tower costs €3, but on the Dresdner Tourismus website I read that you need a €10 ticket (which also includes the Residenzschloss). Which information is correct?

Thanks!

Germany
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hausmannturm ticket

I am afraid the 3 Euro Ticket is not available anymore. Looks like you have to buy the 10 Euro Ticket for the whole Royal Palace now, quite a rip-off. I tried calling them but didn't get through. Guess they're super busy (or short of staff, as it is Sunday.)

I am curious, though, and will ask at the counter tomorrow.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
888 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hausmannturm ticket

Thanks for checking it out eagle2002! I was already afraid that the 10 euro ticket would be the only option left. If that is indeed the case, then I will probably go for the Kreuzkirche (although the view probably won't be as good) or the Frauenkirche.

Germany
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hausmannturm ticket

These views unfortunately cannot compare. From the Kreuzkirche you hardly can catch a glimpse of the river, it's mostly pre-war architecture in the near surroundings. The problem with Frauenkirche is that you cannot see much of the Frauenkirche from the top :-) But I'd still prefer that one if you want to get close view of the old town buildings. If you're fine with more distant views you might also consider Dreikönigskirche in the Neustadt - much cheaper, best panoramic views of the old town, and the immediate surroundings are mostly nicely preserved old townhouses.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
888 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hausmannturm ticket

The Dreikönigskirche also looks really good, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it's closed on Mondays, so I might have to change my plans a bit in order to plan a visit on Sunday afternoon. Otherwise I will probably go for the Frauenkirche. It's only €5 for university students, so that's a fair price I think :)

I'm really excited for my visit to Dresden. It's one of the few major cities in Germany that I haven't visited so far!

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,734 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hausmannturm ticket

Frauenkirche is impressive, in addition to the view from the top you also get the view into the church from above during the climb.

Germany
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hausmannturm ticket

5 Euro sounds ok. Especially since you get the views of the interior of Frauenkirche, as Blandine pointed out.

Went to the ticket counter at Royal Palace today and saw to my surprise that there is a separate ticket for Hausmannsturm. Cost is 3 Euro. They do not advertise it, but it's still available.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
888 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hausmannturm ticket

Great, that decides it then! Thanks for all your efforts, I appreciate it a lot

8. Re: Hausmannturm ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 05:17