We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 5 things to do

Ohio
Level Contributor
320 posts
354 reviews
Save Topic
Top 5 things to do

I have been reading the forum on things to do in Dresden- the Opera House, New Green Valt..etc. What suggestions would anyone have for top experiences that are " Old Germany" We only have 44 hours and my daughter wants to experience " historical Germany" Thanks in advance for help.

New York
Level Contributor
2,388 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 5 things to do

The art museum - besides a nice collection generally - has Raphael's Madonna, complete with adoring cherubs. Neustadt - contrary to its name - was developed about 1750 and is full of unique shops. I know it doesn't sound historic, but the VW factory includes some historic items and is generally cool, complete with an excellent restaurant. It's almost in the middle of town, close to the hygiene museum. Perna (check my spelling) south of Dresden, has a historic town square and palace.

2. Re: Top 5 things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 06:17