We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Berlin Airport to Dessau

Which Dessau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo, Egypt
3 posts
Save Topic
Train from Berlin Airport to Dessau

Hi,

I'll be arriving into Berlin airport at 02:30 pm on Fri., 22nd Aug. Then I'll need to go from Berlin airport to Dessau.

I wish to do it by train. I need to know the nearest train stations to Berlin airport, the closest departure time to 03:00 pm, and the travel duration from Berlin to Dessau.

I also wish to know if I can make the ticket reservation online, or if not possible, how can I make it once I'm out of Berlin airport.

So many thanks in advance for your great help!

Mohamed

4 replies to this topic
Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,709 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Berlin Airport to Dessau

Which Berlin airport do you arrive in? Tegel or Schoenefeld?

In any case:

www.bahn.com

To: Dessau

Cairo, Egypt
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Berlin Airport to Dessau

Thank you so much altamiro for your response.

I'll be arriving in Schoenefeld airport

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Berlin Airport to Dessau

The direct trains would be the best choice. They depart every hour at xx:44 (hours:minutes). The station is about 500 meters away from the airport. It takes about 10 minutes for a stranger, I guess. When you get out of the airport there is along covered walk way to the station on the left. There are machines to buy the ticket in the tunnel of the station(don't use the VBB machines, they are only for local transport). Standard fare 23,50 Euro.

The trains to Dessau don't need to be booked in advance, it's a regional train without seat numbers. You don't need to worry. You'll get a seat (at least when half of the travelers get out in Berlin). The train passes Berlin city center thus you could choose a window at the left side to have a nice view onto the town.

Edited: 06 August 2014, 19:16
Cairo, Egypt
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Berlin Airport to Dessau

Thank you so much Michael really for the valuable information you gave me.

Reply to: Train from Berlin Airport to Dessau
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dessau
More Dessau Topics