We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Länder-Tickets (Train) - Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

Braga
2 posts
Save Topic
Länder-Tickets (Train) - Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

Hi,

I'm trying to find a cheap way to go from Lubeck's Airport to Szczecin and I came across this train ticket at:

bahn.com/i/…laender-ticket.shtml

From some wiki travel sites I found out this ticket is valid in Szczecin as well. (Can someone confirm me this as well?)

But my question is related to:

I'm landing in Lubeck's Airport, from what I found online, there is a train station at the airport but the train only goes to Lubeck city, or am I wrong? Because on google maps I can see that the train line goes further south and not only to the north (Lubeck way).

The other question is, is this laender ticket valid from Lubeck? I mean, if I start my journey towards Szczecin in Lubeck is this ticket valid?

I'm confused because Lubeck is not part of that region but very close by but Hamburg is not part of that region and it says the tickets is valid for Hamburg as well.

I hope I made myself clear, otherwise please ask for more explanation and I'll do it :)

Danke! :)

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,358 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Länder-Tickets (Train) - Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Ticket

Covers all regional trains in the German federal state Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. And a bit beyond. Like the trains to Stettin/Szczecin. And also the trams and buses there. And the trains from Lübeck Hbf (main train station) towards Meckelnburg-Vorpommern (this is the line to Schwerin).

The line from Lübeck Airport to Lübeck Hbf is however not covered. Train or bus from Lübeck Airport to Lübeck is EUR 3,00.

Braga
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Länder-Tickets (Train) - Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

Thank you abalada ;)

3. Re: Länder-Tickets (Train) - Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 05:17