We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“Connecting” on Separate Tickets within Spain?

3 posts
Save Topic
“Connecting” on Separate Tickets within Spain?

Hi,

I've been trying to find flights to A Coruna from Nairobi {Kenya} and they're extremely expensive on almost all airlines, ca. 1400 euros.The flights are also pretty long in terms of duration..

So I decided to look into another option of flying to Madrid, which is much cheaper {about 600 euros} and then flying on a different airline like Iberia or Air Europa from Madrid to Coruna which is about 100 euros. So i will have saved half of what I'd spend with my other option and much less time.

Is this option viable? I'll already have a visa so I guess travelling within the same country will be fine. And I can get a 3 hr period between the different flights to allow enough time to pick up my luggage and get to customs once again.

Would you advise this option?

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Iberia park
Iberia park
53 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
Hotel Europa
Hotel Europa
3,048 Reviews
Madrid, Spain
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
3,062 Reviews
from US$45.20*
Free Cancellation
Priority Access: Best of Barcelona...
1,709 Reviews
from US$105.80*
Free Cancellation
Montserrat Tour from Barcelona...
605 Reviews
from US$112.88*
Free Cancellation
2 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
3,784 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: “Connecting” on Separate Tickets within Spain?

"And I can get a 3 hr period between the different flights to allow enough time to pick up my luggage and get to customs once again."

......if the first flight arrives on time.

Personally that's not a chance I would take.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: “Connecting” on Separate Tickets within Spain?

I would say its a gamble worth taking. Even if you miss the second flight you would likely be able to buy another fare that is cheaper than the 'connected fare' or you could catch a train.

Reply to: “Connecting” on Separate Tickets within Spain?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted