We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking train from Madrid to Granada

Voorheesville, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Booking train from Madrid to Granada

It seems easier to book on Loco2 as compared to Renfe. Is there any price difference or other notable difference depending on where you book?

4 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,235 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Booking train from Madrid to Granada

RENFE is the train operator, Loco2 a booking agency but it takes commission from train operators and also doesn't charge credit card fees, so you aren't paying anything extra. It's owned by French Railways (SNCF) - but then so is Rail Europe, which I DON'T recommend.

Voorheesville, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Booking train from Madrid to Granada

Thank you. Not clear what you do not recommend. I was trying to figure out the best way to get from Madrid to Granada.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,235 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Booking train from Madrid to Granada

You didn't ask about the best way to make this journey, if you had I would have recommended the bus over the train (4h30/5 hrs, €19.95/€44.85: https://www.alsa.com/en/web/bus/coach/madrid-granada).

As for booking trains through the RENFE or Loco2 website, whichever you use, you would be travelling from Madrid to Granada by RENFE (the train OPERATOR)! You asked whether there was any price difference between these two and the answer is "no". I don't see what other differences there could be given that Loco2 doesn't run trains - obviously your booking would be for a RENFE train!

That said, personally I always prefer to book directly with the operator concerned, so if taking the train, RENFE: but if you can't manage RENFE's website, then Loco2 is the best of the available booking agents.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,451 posts
3,815 reviews
4. Re: Booking train from Madrid to Granada

For trains:

https:/…Buying.Renfe.Tickets.Online.html

Reply to: Booking train from Madrid to Granada
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted