We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rail Pass- Confused

ebctiger
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rail Pass- Confused

I am very confused. If I buy a Spain rail pass do I still need to purchase tickets for the actual trips I want to take? I will need to go roundtrip from Madrid to Seville; roundtrip Madrid to Malaga and roundtrip Seville to Cordova. From what I can tell, it will be cheaper for me to buy the rail pass and then get the discounts that come with the rail pass to purchase the individual tickets for each trip. What exactly does the rail pass entitle you to--just discounts on the actual trips you will take?

Below are the rates I found:

With Rail Pass for 2 people:

Rail Pass (for 5 days, 2nd class): $287

Seville R'Trip: $64

Malaga R'Trip: $64

Cordova R'Trip; $64

WithOUT Rail Pass for 2 people:

Cordova R'Trip: $256

Seville R'Trip: $444

Malaga R'Trip: $468

I am looking at the correct information? Is it better for me to buy the rail pass and then the actual trip tickets? Any help/information would be greatly appreciated!

Pacifica, California
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Rail Pass- Confused

To clarify what you can expect from your rail pass & reservations heck out this link:

ricksteves.com/rail

You can also print out a worksheet to help you determine the best value.

Lake District...
Level Contributor
568 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rail Pass- Confused

How do you make a seat reservation and pay the AVE/TalGO supplement online (before one arrives in Spain).

Or is it better to use an agent like www.spanish-rail.co.uk/ ?

Thanks

3. Re: Rail Pass- Confused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 04:19