We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone booked a holiday with u look u book?

cumbria
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone booked a holiday with u look u book?

hi,

As anyone booked with ulookubook.com as they have some really good deals to spain, but i can't find any reviews so i'm a bit wary.

I dont want to book and pay, then be told a few weeks down the line i've to pay more...

msida-malta
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone booked a holiday with u look u book?

As i am too trying to book a hotel for my easter week holiday,

i have looked at the site you named.

I never heard about them.

I am watching prices at this agency. Have you ever tried it.

www.travelrepublic.co.uk

Tony-Malta

cumbria
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone booked a holiday with u look u book?

hi,

i've never booked online before, but with the credit crunch we are trying to find the best deal we can.

We have also looked at travel republic and it seems to have really good reviews.

We are looking to go in september so still got plenty of time.

Please let me know how you get on.

msida-malta
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone booked a holiday with u look u book?

I will try to remember this and after i return from my holiday I will inform you Jenn. About how i booked hotel and how good it was...and also about my transport booking.

But if you see that i forget about you remind me here or in my email thesegmrs@hotmail.com

Regards

Tony

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone booked a holiday with u look u book?

I have used that company. It was in 2007. We booked a week in May to Torremolinos, and a short break later that year in November.

No problems - all bookings were fine. Flights were fine.

So unless they have changed dramatically since then- go for it.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
686 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone booked a holiday with u look u book?

used travel republic no problems however dont use holidayrooms direct.com got the letter yesterday saying that my booking was no longer valid for 9 to tenerife they also go under the name of sports tour direct ltd ,which i wasnt aware of luckily just booked hotel so have time to rebook with someone else it seems they have ceased trading pity as i had travelled with them on several occasions

msida-malta
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone booked a holiday with u look u book?

Thanks

Yes i booked with Travel Republic my Hotel...They confirmed all just say after 20 minutes.

And yes i got a great bargain.

Wish you and all a nice day

Anthony

cumbria
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone booked a holiday with u look u book?

i think we are gonna go with travel republic too, they seem to have a better rep.

enjoy your break Tony.

jen

msida-malta
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone booked a holiday with u look u book?

Hi Jenn

Glad i was a bit of a help to you.

So far all looks great with Travel Republic.I am certain that after i return from my easter holiday

i will be in a way that i will only have praise for T.R. and i will continue recomands travel rebublic to all my friends at my club

Msida Red Stars A.F.C.

www.freewebs.com/msidaredstarsafc

Happy Easter

Sheffield
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone booked a holiday with u look u book?

We have recently returned from 3 weeks in the Algarve and booked with "ulookubook.com" The holiday itself was perfect but the procedure/sales prior to our holiday was absolutely dismal! Personally, we would never use this company again as there was so much confusion beforehand that it caused us a great deal of stress before our holiday. Exactly what you DON'T need when your looking for rest and relaxation!

We made a telephone booking on Friday 1st May 2009 after we viewed our holiday on their website. We paid the whole sum outright and they assured us that the details would be e-mailed through to us within 20 minutes, 3hrs later nothing had arrived. We rang and we told that they had a "backlog" of bookings and that the e-mail would arrive within 24hrs. Saturday 2nd May 2009, nothing had arrived, we rang again and were told that they would POST our flight/holiday vouchers, but when we informed them that it was a BANK HOLIDAY weekend and our flight would have already left by the time Royal Mail had arrived, they then said they would e-mail us again. They kept their promise, however, we received someone elses details for a holiday in Egypt????? Crazy!!! We rang them back AGAIN and they said no problem-don't worry the e-mail would be re-sent and on the final time we recieved the correct details by e-mail. Phewwwww!!

Each time we called no-one seemed that concerned, they were very cool about it, but that's not what you need when your looking to book!!

Previously we have used "otbeach.com" and in future we will stick with that company as they have always followed through with their promise. We only used "ulookubook" because of the SLIGHTLY cheaper price, but overall, it's really not worth it.

PLUS, they were going to charge us an extra £140 for the particular hotel we requested as the operator they use didn't have any rooms left. We argued the toss and they dropped it to an extra £70 on the total booking price. When we arrived at the hotel, it was virtually empty! Work that out, if you can?????

Sheffield, UK.

england
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone booked a holiday with u look u book?

yes me and my family has just arrived home from majorca club bellevue we booked with ulook ubook and had a stress free holiday we will be booking our holiday with them shortly for next year flight, accomodation and transfers excellent