We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spain -> Morocco -> Spain

California
2 posts
Save Topic
Spain -> Morocco -> Spain

I'm an American and I'm thinking of going to Spain for a week or two. I thought that it might be nice to go to Morocco in the middle of the trip for a few days. However, I'm concerned about the visa situation. Would I be allowed to re-enter Spain if I went to Morocco? I know that I can enter Spain without a Visa, but are you allowed to exit the Schengen-zone and then re-enter (all within the 90 days)?

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
431 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spain -> Morocco -> Spain

We are doing that in April, no visa required either place. I question, however, whether you have enough time to do either justice. If you must, check out easyjet flight from Madrid to Marrakech.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spain -> Morocco -> Spain

if you are going for only a week or two, better "do" spain *or* morocco, not both

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spain -> Morocco -> Spain

psvandy,

Is it a week or two?

Why have you not found enough to keep you interested in one country?

By Morocco where do you mean?

Best wishes.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
431 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Spain -> Morocco -> Spain

To re-emphasize the time issue, we will have a month and still will be just grazing the surface of a small portion of each country. If we had only two weeks, no way would we split it between the two countries.

California
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Spain -> Morocco -> Spain

I'm actually more visiting cities than touring an entire country. I thought I'd do Madrid + Marrakech. I've always wanted to go to Marrakech, but the tickets are expensive from the US if you go there directly. Since I'll be in Madrid, I thought I'd add a little sidetrip to Marrakech in the middle. The tickets are cheap from Madrid to Marrakech, too.

My alternative would be Madrid + Barcelona with a really short sidetrip to Andora, which is also out of the Schengen zone and so I would have the same question as in my original post!

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spain -> Morocco -> Spain

psvandy,

OK - IMHO - If something more than 7 days - Madrid and flight to Marrakech and back, Barcelona will not contrast.

Factor in possible(probable) jet lag accounting for first day depending on arrival time in Madrid.

Schengen from your government - …state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_4361.html

My interpretation, and you are surely not going to accept viewpoints on here without solid backing from officialdom. - You are able to enter and re-enter the Schengen zone, but you must not exceed 90 days from first entry to the zone.

Best wishes.

7. Re: Spain -> Morocco -> Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2010, 05:20