We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Trip to Spain - June 2012

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Topic
First Trip to Spain - June 2012

Hi there. We're looking into visiting Spain next June, on a really tight budget -- we might be getting free tickets -- and would have, at most, 15 days to spend there. It's me, my wife (who's been to Seville, Cordoba, and Granada, but it was a LONG time ago), and our 13 year old daughter. Neither my daughter nor I have been there before. We mostly love art and architecture, and we're interested in Jewish culture as well, so we like to do museums and stuff like that; we're not "country side" people.

With our limited time and VERY limited budget, we're trying to map out what we can possibly do. While we know we can't see everything, here's what we are thinking of doing. (I've always wanted to go to Bilbao and Seville too but can't figure out how they could fit in the schedule.)

Any timing, city, museum, "don't miss," "don't bother," advice you could give us would be really appreciated. We might be able to stretch it one more day but that would be about all. Anyway, here's the current idea:

Day 1 Fly to Madrid from US

Day 2 Arrive Madrid - Casually wander around (tired!)

Day 3 Day in Madrid

Day 4 Day in Madrid

Day 5 Go to Toledo (late morning)

Afternoon in Toledo

Day 6 Day in Toledo

Day 7 Morning in Toledo

Back to Madrid

Fly to Granada?

Day 8 Day in Granada

Day 9 Morning in Granada

Rent Car: Drive to Cordoba?

Evening in Cordoba

Day 10 Cordoba

Day 11 Morning in Cordoba

Drive back to Granada

Spend night in Granada or fly to Barcelona?

Day 12 Fly to Barcelona

Day 13 Barcelona

Day 14 Barcelona

Day 15 Fly back to US

Again, and help you can offer would be greatly appreciate.

Andrew

Edited: 07 September 2011, 22:39
london
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Trip to Spain - June 2012

you like architecture and jewish culture, i would recommend spending more time in granada and /or Barcelona and forget Cordoba. The only thing i thought was interesting architecturally was the mosque/mesquita in Cordoba. In Granada you have the Alhambra and on the otherside of the valley is Sacremonte where you can find the cave houses, and famous flamenco show.

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First Trip to Spain - June 2012

Fantalemon,

Isn't Cordoba the city with the UNESCO Heritage site, with a whole "Jewish Quarter?"

Adding a day to see Sacromonte would be pretty nice . . . that's the problem with limited time; you have to make some pretty had decisions!

Thanks,

Andrew

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: First Trip to Spain - June 2012

Hi,

I am first timer visiting Spain, I tried to google abt Spain tourism but was very confused in deciding the best places. I am planing for more than 15days trip

I am a sports person and wanted to do stuff like sky diving, deep sea diving and adventurous things.

Please help me here with price and details and the best time to visit spain. I will be glad to hear back :D

Edited: 08 September 2011, 01:49
Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Trip to Spain - June 2012

One night in Toledo is enough. Two nights in Granada is perfect. I would spend 3 or 4 nights in Seville, maybe even stay at Casas de la Juderia. I would spend 4 and do a daytrip to Cordoba to see the mosque and Jewish quarter. Cadiz and/or Malaga are also nice for one night. Then fly to Barcelona.

5. Re: First Trip to Spain - June 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 May 2012, 15:14
6. Re: First Trip to Spain - June 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 04:17