We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me plan my next trip

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Help me plan my next trip

I got the green light for a trip next fall! I'd like to do something different than Sevilla-Granada. I'd like to get lost some where for a week or so, maybe take a couple flamenco guitar lessons (or just listen), walk around and eat a bunch of food and speak Spanish. Should I check out Sanlucar? I've never spent much time in Cadiz, maybe I should hang out there for a week? There are so many places, Osuna, Vejer....

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,080 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me plan my next trip

Cuthbert,

Why don't you try Marbella?

On a serious note, Vejer de la Frontera is very beautiful, and I thoroughly recommend it.

If you are interested in Cádiz, I'd spend some time in Jerez, Sanlúcar or Cádiz itself and do day trips to El Puerto, Alcalá de los Gazules, Vejer...

There is a tiny restaurant in Barbate named El Campero where they serve the best mind blowing red tuna with maybe the exception of the Tsukiji market in Tokyo

In Vejer de la Frontera, try a place named El Jardin del Califa. Andalusí food (food from the muslim domination period). They used to have live music as well.

I would teach you to play some Spanish guitar, but since you don't like Costa del Sol we won't have a chance to meet!

Seriously again.

Do not rule out Malaga province either. There are wonderful places such as Frigiliana, Comares, Antequera, the Genal Valley near Ronda... You can do most of these places from Malaga city.

Have a wonderful trip.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me plan my next trip

Thanks Macpollo! I appreciate it. I do love Malaga and will certainly be spending a night or two there. I like your ideas of Comares, Frigiliana, Antequera too. I will have to narrow it down to a few places. I hope to come back once a year from now on so no need to see it all. Please keep the ideas coming!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me plan my next trip

Try Basque Country & Rioja wine country! Here are a few articles to help get you inspired....

countrybred.com/countrybred/the-basque-count…

countrybred.com/countrybred/postcard-from-la…

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me plan my next trip

CuthbertJ:

I think that our white towns in the Province of Malaga are unbeatable. Many are still in their virgin state with few tourists.

I recently went to Iznajar (in Cordoba province actually), which is by the biggest reservoir in Andalusia. This is a beautiful white town that is a hidden gem, with beautiful scenery. See the church on top of the hill and the castle. This town has not been discovered yet by mass tourism.

Priego de Cordoba is also great, with its fountains.

5. Re: Help me plan my next trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 07:40