We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volotea- A new low cost airline

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Volotea- A new low cost airline

A new low cost airline which serves Spain and parts of Europe.

http://www.volotea.com

74 replies to this topic
Guimaraes, Portugal
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Volotea- A new low cost airline

Anyone flew with them? I bought OPO-VCE tickets and would like to read here your experiences.

Crosby, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Volotea- A new low cost airline

We booked Corfu-Athens for September and they have cancelled the flight already. We only discovered it was cancelled because the fare was refunded to our bank account - without any notification from Volotea. They have still not replied to our subsequent email. I would not reccommend them to anyone.

Albacete, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Volotea- A new low cost airline

Hi. We booked Alicante-Venice for this July and they have cancelled the flight too. We have Italy hotels and trains booked and the company don't refund anything. We have lost we holidays and we are very sad. Very bad attitude of Volotea.

Guimaraes, Portugal
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Volotea- A new low cost airline

My Flights OPO-VCE-VCE was canceled too.I'm waiting the refound they promised me. I read in other foruns that the are allways canceling. and changing dates.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Volotea- A new low cost airline

Booked Malaga to Bordeaux August 2012, great value! Apart from the eye candy of stewards, the plane was pristine! spotlessly clean! Wider then wide seats and trays, tonnes of leg room. Comfortable seating (I fell asleep sitting up)...faux leather that felt real. cool calm colors, a nice menu (pity they don't take cash) but no harassment to buy, buy, buy! The steward was so polite and charming - for just a bottle of water :) I wish I could fly with them all of the time....the Jaguar of the skies - barely felt the plane take off or land.

Cleckheaton, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Volotea- A new low cost airline

I too flew the Bordeaux route and it was my best flying experience in years. Effortless check in ,gleaming aircraft ( well, they are new) and the most stunningly dressed and efficient cabin crew that should have been flying First Class in a premium top airline..

They only accept credit cards,no cash, for drinks which for most people is a good option

I guess with an embryonic airline there will be teething problems especially when I understand they only have 3 aircraft but for me an exceptional flying experience.

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Volotea- A new low cost airline

I am considering flying with Volotea this July from Venice to Brindisi with a family of six.

We will have checked luggage. Any precautions? We had a terrible experience and missed a flight with EasyJet out of Rome and few years ago and I swore never to take a discount airline in Europe again. But Volotea offers the only nonstop from Venice to Brindisi. Has any ever made this drive? Is it interesting along the Adriatic coast? Less hassle than an airport with Four kids?

Any advice is welcome!

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Volotea- A new low cost airline

I flew Volotea last July from Malaga to Bordeaux, with checked luggage. I was nervous, too for many reasons, new, cheap airline, a couple of bad reviews on TA, little information elsewhere and all of my fears were unfounded! Flight left on time, bags all ok, felt more like first class than bargain, loads of room, spotlessly clean plane with huge tray table and lots of leg room and the staff were impeccable! I will be flying with them again this year and would hope that other 'bargain' airlines would climb to their standard

Peregian Beach...
Level Contributor
43 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Volotea- A new low cost airline

My wife and I travelled this coast a couple of years ago by car. There are lots of fantastic places to see on the way and scenery is spectacular. However you would have to allow at least 3 days preferably 5 to 7 days if you want to stop and explore on the way. If you have that amount of time let us know and I will suggest a few spots worthy to see. Otherwise I would fly if you are in a hurry.

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Volotea- A new low cost airline

traveltige Have you posted this answer on the wrong thread? This is about an airline service not a coastal route.

Reply to: Volotea- A new low cost airline
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted