We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need cell phone for use in Spain....

Level Contributor
7,622 posts
220 reviews
Save Topic
Need cell phone for use in Spain....

I have done a bit of checking with Verizon and if we have international phones (would require upgrade but we are due) we can add a plan for use while we are there...I have, however read that Verizon requires some changes to the phone etc. etc. and some people get there and it does not work.

Any other very easy ideas or recent experience with Verizon service in Spain? I don't want to spend any time over there dealing with phones...just need a number to be reached at and make calls.

Rentals seem very expensive and I'm very tech unsavvy so talk of sim cards etc. unless very easy may not work.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks. First time that we have needed a phone while traveling in Europe but I think it is a good idea.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need cell phone for use in Spain....

I've had friends and clients with Verizon's service who got their international phone and of course couldn't get it to work once they arrived in Spain. I'd dump Verizon and go with AT&T, which actually works in Spain and elsewhere when traveling. The other option would be T-Moible, but they don't offer the iPhone, which is great when traveling.

If you absolutely need a mobile phone when traveling, then, you may just have to rent one while you're away. You should check out On Spanish Time to see what they have to offer. At least they can offer you support in Spain should you need it.

2. Re: Need cell phone for use in Spain....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 19:41