We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No time for Northern Spain

Brisbane, Australia
9 posts
Save Topic
No time for Northern Spain

We are really wanting to do the Cosmos Grand Tour of Spain, but it is 15 days and we are very time limited - might have to do a smaller trip and leave out San Sebastian, Pamplona and Saragossa - how much of a loss would that be? There are other tours taking in Madrid, Barcelona, Granada, Seville, etc, but go no further north. Thoughts?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No time for Northern Spain

how much of a loss would that be?... In 15 days you can only do justice to maybe a 10% of all Spain "highlights" (and I'm probably being generous). So, as you can see it "all", make a better use of your time enjoying a few places instead of rushing around and actually spending more time packing/on the way/unpacking than actually sightseeing.

On the other hand, public transport in Spain is great so there is no really need for a tour (unless you like being "carried" from one sight to the other, maybe spending time in places you really don't care and without time enough for the ones you really like). You can do it yourself and pick the places you are really interesting on seeing. Pick no more than 3 cities if you have less than 15 days, do some daytrips, use local tours if you prefer... it takes more planning, but it can be more rewarding.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No time for Northern Spain

15 days is just enough for Madrid and Andalucia. Several of those days will be spent traveling.

Brisbane, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: No time for Northern Spain

Thanks so much for your advice, I know we would be rushed, and I would love double the time to experience more of your country, but this is probably the last time we will be able to come to Europe, and though we would love to drive ourselves we are in our mid 60's and don't feel confident enough to handle doing it all ourselves this time. We know there are pros and cons of tours, but to have it all handled for us with included sightseeing we surely would see lots of the most beautiful sights, albeit quickly, and a lot of your beautiful countryside, which I love as much as seeing cities. I have been on youtube looking at some of the beautiful places, and I understand about needing more time in Andulasia, so we are thinking to skip Northern Spain. I am feeling I will be so in love with Spain I will find it hard to leave!! Thanks so much for your promp replies.

4. Re: No time for Northern Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 08:15