We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andalucia - Basque Country

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Andalucia - Basque Country

I am planning to visit the following in August:

Valencia

Granada

Cadiz

Jerez de la Frontera

Cordoba

I was then hoping to have about four to five days in Basque Country, I had also hoped to get to Santiago de Compostela. Is all of this possible and can someone advise the best order in which to do this? I will have from 26 August - 16 September.

Also grateful for any suggestions

Thanks

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Andalucia - Basque Country

Feasible yes, for me difficult to say whether enjoyable or not, but you are not me.

This is 21 days less entry and exit days, correct? Where do you fly into and where do you fly out of? How do you travel or wish to travel?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,191 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Andalucia - Basque Country

Tegan, assuming your arriving in Barcelona. Your busy itnerary destinations are mainly connected by trains www.renfe.es

Valencia - Granada - Jerez - Cadiz (via Seville) - Cordoba - Santiago di Compostela (via madrid)

Bus Santiago Compostela to Bilbao and San Sebastian www.alsa.es

Domestic flights www.vueling.com

www.spain.info enter destination in the search box

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Andalucia - Basque Country

Thank you both very much for the response. I am flying direct into Mallorca (for a tennis training camp) from Paris and can leave from any airport in Spain that will take me to London.

I guess I am just after advice on the best sites and areas to visit in Spain. I had only picked Southern Spain for the bulk of my trip as I assumed I would catch a ferry from Mallorca to Valencia and go from there. I also wanted to finish in the North as I had planned to go to the Davis Cup semi in Gijon on 14 September (although this might be too hard to incorporate)

I will be travelling by myself, but would like some advice on the don't miss places in Spain.

Many thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,191 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Andalucia - Basque Country

You can fly Mallorca to Valencia www.airberlin.com or Fly Mallorca to Granada www.vueling.com

Bus Santiago di Compostela to Gijon www.alsa.es and also Gijon to Bilbao and fly www.vueling.com Bilbao to London

Granada is where you will find the Alhambra and in Cordoba The Mesquita. both being historic and significant places in Spain.

Jerez is famous for its sherry and horse agistment. Cadiz was from where the Spanish sailed to the New World, returning with their treasures.

Enter the name of the destinations in the search engine for information

www.spain.info

Edited: 26 June 2012, 03:56
5. Re: Andalucia - Basque Country

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 20:16