We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Authentic pretty town in andalucia late sept

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Authentic pretty town in andalucia late sept

Hi

We are heading to andalucia in late sept around two weeks Keen for a pretty town to stay in with my partner and our 17mth Old- somewhere in the mountains or on the coast, but not too far from Granada where we'd like to spend a bit of time, without a massive tourist or resort vibe. Basically our days will be filled with a bit of walking around, swimming if close to a beach, making some lunch with some fresh goodies from a deli and talking to some locals, etc.

A big ask but keen for any advice or tips.

We would also really appreciate any accom tips too - preferably w self catering kitchen and maybe a balcony or terrace w a view.

Thanks!!

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Authentic pretty town in andalucia late sept

To consider and advise.

Will you hire a car or be reliant on public transport?

How far from the coast or Granada, time wise, by whatever transport, would you want to be?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Authentic pretty town in andalucia late sept

Maybe public transport in the main but happy to rent a car for day trip or two. Will prob stay in Granada for a couple of nights so happy not to stick really close for the rest of the time. I'd the beaches are worth it, it might be nice to be close tothe coast but we are also coming from beachy Sardinia and I've also heard the hill towns are unmissable! Very hard choices.

Jefferson City...
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Authentic pretty town in andalucia late sept

Hi Simone:

We've been very happy with Rustical Travel: http://www.rusticaltravel.com/

They offer rural, secluded lodgings and have several in or near La Alpujarra villages, along with Axarquia and Antequera a bit further from Granada. I would think that hiring a car would be a must for some of the more remote villages.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,578 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Authentic pretty town in andalucia late sept

Simone:

Nerja is one of our most beautiful white towns, with great views of the sea and mountains.

5. Re: Authentic pretty town in andalucia late sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2013, 10:17