We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Spain

Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
South Spain

Hi, I'm Flying to Malaga next week, I'm hoping to see some of Spain's less known parts... Secluded beaches, restraints and maybe go away from the coast up to the smaller towns in the hills.

Can anyone help and suggest some places to visit? Thanks

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Spain

You do not say how long you have or how you wish to travel.

With 'South Spain' you possibly intend Andalucia and being greater in size than many countries in Europe, I can only suggest you take a look here - http://www.andalucia.com/province/home.htm

and see what city, town or village might suit, with extra research on the web.

Edited: 24 July 2012, 12:19
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Spain

Sorry and thanks for your reply, im going for a week and I'm hiring a car. Id like to try different places rather than just stay in one place. So any little towns dotted around an hour to two hours either side of Malaga would be nice

Thanks

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Spain

Up to two hours west, north and east will give you Ronda, Cordoba, Granada. Places which rarely or never have a mention on these forums like Olvera, Osuna, Antequera, Priego de Cordoba, Montefrio and Alhama de Granada. Many a 'pueblo blanco' and many that do the job for me which are not white. Look at the map, the link I gave, DYOR and see what floats your boat.

Edited: 24 July 2012, 13:41
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South Spain

Thanks very much for that. some really good information for me to look through

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South Spain

Sam:

You can visit Mijas Pueblo, Nerja, Comares (still virgin and no crowds), Antequera, El Chorro, spa at Carratraca, all near Malaga. Another white town is Casares.

Go to Marbella and see Puerto Banus, see the yachts of the very rich.

Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South Spain

thanks benny, thats great

7. Re: South Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2013, 10:16