We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Spain for 4 months.

Cranbrook, Canada
Level Contributor
222 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Spain for 4 months.

We are planning to visit Spain for 4 months (2 adults and 2 small children).

I was told by family to come for a few months, then take a trip to morocco, get my passport stamped and then I can re-enter Spain and stay for the remainder of my trip.

However, I read that you can only stay 90 days in a 180 day period.

Will the morocco trip work to keep me in Spain for 4 months?

I am a little concerned about the hassle it will take to get a tourist visa - I have heard nothing but horror stories about the process.

Any thoughts or comments on this?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,211 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Spain for 4 months.

djlb:

I have read in the Spain forums of the red tape that Spanish consulate abroad demand for visas. Why not contact your nearest Spanish consulate and ask what are the requirements for what you want? And ask them about the trip to Morocco.

Cranbrook, Canada
Level Contributor
222 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Spain for 4 months.

I think I will have to do that...hopefully get some helpful info.

Can all contact with the consulate be over the phone? There is no possible way i can get there...it is on the other side of the country for me.

I just had hoped that someone has been in this circumstance before and could provide some advice.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Spain for 4 months.

You certainly can only stay for 90 in 180 days in Spain.

So you should exit to Morocco at some time for the balance of your trip and ensure you can prove, with passport stamps and travel tickets, you exited the country and when you re-entered.

4. Re: Visiting Spain for 4 months.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 01:17