We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go this September?

Newcastle upon...
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to go this September?

Hi there,

Me and a friend are looking for a relaxed break late September 2013.We are both female and in our 20's. Ideally, we are looking for somewhere not too quiet, but not 'over the top'. Somewhere with pretty scenery, a nice beach, plenty of shops, restaurants and bars, where the nightlife isn't too lively but still fun. I know this is asking alot, but would greatly appreciate any help or advice anyone could provide.

Many thanks!

Robyn

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,446 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go this September?

When I want a last minute good deal to Spain I go to Salou.

The flights to Reus airport ( the nearest to Salou ) are very cheap with Ryanair and the airport is only about half an hours trip to the town.

Plenty of good hotels at a reasonable price.

The seafront promenade and beach are good , lots of cafes, restaurants , bars etc.

Many shops and a jolly good omnibus service to take you about to places like Cambrills , Tarragona and Reus town.

Well worth considering.

Graham

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,544 posts
1,687 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go this September?

I would also recommend Salou, been there twice. You can also do side trips to Barcelona, there are two water parks and a theme park.

Also consider the islands such as Majorca and Menorca. There are quieter places in Majorca away from Magaluf and the like.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,832 posts
3,571 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go this September?

Malaga is the capital of the Costa del Sol and has beaches, plenty of sunshine, and one of the best climates in Spain. It is also one of the most beautiful and relaxing cities in Spain, and 100% Spanish. Malaga has many museums, historic churches, and monuments. The sights are mostly downtown and completely walkable. There are very good restaurants, tapas bars, and nightlife. Shopping is wonderful and the city is very safe. The natives have the great charm of Andalucia and are among the most friendly people in Spain. It is easy to do day trips to the white towns of Ronda, Mijas, and Nerja, since Malaga is the transportation hub of its province. Malaga Airport is the third largest airport in Spain and has direct connections with many European cities. One can take the AVE from Madrid to Malaga. Read the top questions in the Malaga forum.

Good hotels:

5-star: Vincci Posada del Patio

4-star: Hotel AC Malaga Palacio, Hotel Molina Lario

3-star: Hotel Don Curro

4. Re: Where to go this September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 06:17