We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week in Spain

Canal Fulton, Ohio
Level Contributor
361 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
1 week in Spain

Hello. We are considering a week in Spain before moving onto the south of France and finishing in Rome. I'm thinking of a 3 city tour, arriving in Madrid, on to Seville and then Barcelona. If you were to split this into 7 days, which of the three would get the extra day? Or would you recommend dropping one city altogether?

BTW, love being immersed in the local culture, not big museum people but do love historic sites, hanging out at cafes, and of course, for the wife...shopping.

Thanks for any input.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,241 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 week in Spain

Enjoy Madrid for a few days www.madridtourist.info www.timeout.com/madrid

Then take the train www.renfe.com.EN/viajeros/index/html to Seville www.aboutsevilla.com

From where you can visit by Renfe train Cadiz or Jerez and Carmona by bus www.alsa.es

www.andalucia.com/villages/home.htm

Take the Renfe train Seville to Malaga for the flight to Rome www.vueling.com

www.spain.info

Accommodation www.venere.com

Edited: 18 July 2013, 03:24
2. Re: 1 week in Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 August 2013, 17:05
Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 week in Spain

I would visit Madrid, Granada and Seville and plan next years trip for Barcelona and the Basque country or Costa Brava.

Canal Fulton, Ohio
Level Contributor
361 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 week in Spain

Wow, a wealth of information, thank you very much! It's going to be a job to decide that's for sure. We just got back from our first Euro trip, 19 days in France, and I'm deciding on our next adventure in 2 years.

I've chosen Madrid, primarily because our flight will come in there and after the great reviews we may as well stay a while to see it. Seville intrigues me most of the 3, so it's a definite. I was thinking of bypassing Barcelona, but it's on the way to the south of France, it seems a waste not to stop.

After a brief stay in southern France, we'll be moving on to Cinque Terre in Italy, and finish with a few days in Rome before coming home.

I'll certainly look into the other towns mentioned here, thanks for all the info.

5. Re: 1 week in Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 07:17