We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip from Barcelona to San Sabastian and back

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Road trip from Barcelona to San Sabastian and back

I am planning a trip to Spain October 11-22 for myself and 2 of my friends. 3 girls, ages 25-26, well traveled, adventurous, we all work in the food industry and appreciate unique food/restaurants and good wine. We are willing to spend money on restaurants and accommodations for something that is worth it but also are open to hostels, renting rooms in houses, etc. for the experience of that as well. It's important to us to actually experience the culture while we're there.

That being said, our tentative itinerary (with not much planned yet) is as follows...

Nights of Oct 11-13: Staying in Barcelona at Kabul (hostel)

Nights of Oct 14-20: Renting a car and doing a road trip for 7 nights. We would ideally like to drive up the coast to San Sabastian, stay there for 2 nights and then drive back to Barcelona through the wine country.

Night of Oct 21: Return to Barcelona, staying at the Starwood. Dinner at Tickets.

The hardest part of planning this trip has been deciding what stops we will make on the road trip. Does anyone have any recommendations for that portion of the trip? Where to stop, where to stay, where to eat, things to see along the way, etc.

Also open to suggestions for things to do/eat/see while in Barcelona.

Thank you everyone!

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip from Barcelona to San Sabastian and back

I would fly to the Basque country or take a train. I wouldn't waste any precious time getting to San Sebastian. Upon leaving you can rent a car and stop in Logrono and/or Zaragoza.

2. Re: Road trip from Barcelona to San Sabastian and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 06:19