We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montserrat Monastery - Does it get cold in the mountains?

Kidderminster
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Montserrat Monastery - Does it get cold in the mountains?

Simpe question really. We ar going back to Barcelona in second week in September, hoping to do.see some of things we didn't on our last trip. One of these is a trip out to the Monastery in Montserrat. I just wonder if there will be much of a tempreature difference beteween the mountain and downtown Barcelona and whether warm clothing is advised? I gues it would be best to try and check the local weather when we are there?

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Montserrat Monastery
Montserrat Monastery
6,889 Reviews
Montserrat, Spain
Montserrat
Montserrat
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montserrat Monastery - Does it get cold in the mountains?

Jem:

I have been to Montserrat 5 times through the years. It was always cold when I went there and many times there was a strong wind. So bring a warm coat. Do not forget to see the underground museum, which is one of the best art museums in Spain.

Their stores are very good. We collect angel sculptures and we found many here.

Mentioned in this post
Montserrat
Montserrat
Spain
Spain
Europe
Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,493 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montserrat Monastery - Does it get cold in the mountains?

I went in late April and it was scorching hot.

uk
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montserrat Monastery - Does it get cold in the mountains?

Depends I guess. We went in september and it was really hot. Had to wear short and vest as did most folk. Just been this week and it was hot, but with a nice breeze.

If its a hot day itl be pleasant up there, if its cloudy it might be nippy. Judge on the day

Edited: 26 August 2013, 19:02
4. Re: Montserrat Monastery - Does it get cold in the mountains?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 05:17