We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spanish Hotels/Smoking Policies

Michigan
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Spanish Hotels/Smoking Policies

I’m in the process of booking hotels in Granada, Seville and Madrid online. Is it safe to assume that the larger hotels will be either non-smoking or have non-smoking rooms? The websites don't always make this clear. Thanks.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spanish Hotels/Smoking Policies

by law, a hotel can decide whether it has smoking/non-smoking rooms, or just some smoking-rooms and the rest non-smoking.

However, most of the hotels in spain enforce a strict non-smoking policy in all their rooms. It is very hard to find a smoking-allowed hotel in spain .

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,151 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spanish Hotels/Smoking Policies

On http://www.booking.com/ you can choose for non smoking rooms.

When it says non smoking throughout then that is what it means.

When booking via the site you can request a non smoking room.

As pointed out above the law presently allows hotels to have a certain amount of rooms dedicated for smokers. The law is complicated so I will not go into it here.

My advice is try and find small hotels if you want totally non-smoking facilities. The way the law is written it is more than likely they cannot cater for smokers.

3. Re: Spanish Hotels/Smoking Policies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 06:19