We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Madrid to Seville this Saturday! HELP

Colorado
Level Contributor
206 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Madrid to Seville this Saturday! HELP

Hi all,

I planned a last minute trip to Spain yesterday! I am in Madrid and would like to get to Seville on Saturday, I checked the website and it says there are no tickets to purchase from Madrid to Seville left! ( Saturday the 9th) in 2 days! Do you think I should walk to the train station tomorrow in the am to talk to someone, would there be any chance of additional tickets, or should I buy a one way to cordoba, then find a train departing within the hour and do a second one way from cordoba to Seville?? Would that work?? If so I will buy them now, I don't want to risk that option also selling out, the I would have to drive!! Meeting someone so I have to get there Saturday!, One day I will learn not to procrastinate! Thanks so much for ideas, thoughts etc???

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Barcelona Sagrada Familia and Museum...
3,016 Reviews
from US$48.80*
Spain, Andorra, and France 1-Day Tour...
1,074 Reviews
from US$161.30*
Barcelona Best of Tour with Sagrada...
1,676 Reviews
from US$111.30*
Special Offer
Granada, Skip-the-Line Alhambra...
621 Reviews
from US$144.00*
US$180.10
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,352 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Madrid to Seville this Saturday! HELP

There is availability Saturday 9/11/13 for Madrid to Sevilla trains www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Madrid to Seville this Saturday! HELP

suzy:

I checked the Renfe site and there are still tickets for Saturday. Reaad Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

Mentioned in this post
RENFE
RENFE
304 Reviews
Algeciras, Spain
Colorado
Level Contributor
206 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Madrid to Seville this Saturday! HELP

Thank you all so much! It must have been severe jet lag or my iPad just does not like the sight, walking there now to get my tickets. You all are life savers! Thanks!

Colorado
Level Contributor
206 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Madrid to Seville this Saturday! HELP

On anther note, going to rent a car in Seville later in the week and keep it for a few days, should I return it to Seville and train back to Madrid to fly home, return it in Malaga, Madrid airport, or someone else down south that would be easiest?? Pretty open plan as of now, just Seville for the next 3 days, then 3 more days to use in the white villages area... Thanks again!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Madrid
Madrid
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Madrid to Seville this Saturday! HELP

it is always cheaper to return it to the same point that you took it (for example Seville train station is a good place)

Both seville and malaga are well connected by AVE train to madrid (2h30m) so either way it should work. I wouldn't drive to madrid because it is a 6h drive.

Edited: 08 November 2013, 08:29
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Madrid to Seville this Saturday! HELP

suzy:

I would return the rental car at the last town you stay in, perhaps Malaga? Then take the train back to Madrid.

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Madrid
Madrid
Colorado
Level Contributor
206 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Madrid to Seville this Saturday! HELP

Thanks for the advice! How is the return at Malaga? Traffic wise etc..... I made my husband return a car once in Rome and to this day I do not think he has forgiven me!!!

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
8. Re: Train from Madrid to Seville this Saturday! HELP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 05:17