We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip itinerary for family during Easter

gillette
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trip itinerary for family during Easter

My husband, myself and our 16 and 18 year olds will be going to Spain from April 15 through the 25. I need to decide on flights so am trying to narrow down where we will visit.

We know we would like to spend a large chunk of time in Barcelona and will make a side trip to Tarragona to visit the family my daughter stayed with during an exchange program. We would like to rent an apartment there,and I need advice on a safe area with good access to the metro if anyone can assist.

So, where else should we go, and we need to be sensitive to the fact that we arrive the Wednesday before Easter. Although I would love to see Toledo I am not as excited about Madrid. We live near NYC and need a break from the big city thing and we will already be in Barcelona. Torn between Sevilla or maybe a small town where we can just relax. Help!

One option. Fly into Barcelona arrive Wednesday, stay through Easter. Side trip to Tarragona.

Monday after Easter is a holiday, so we could use to travel the 5.5 hours to Sevilla via train.

Spend remainder of Monday and all day Tuesday in Sevilla

Wednesday train to Toledo? How long?Overnight in Toledo.

Thursday train to Madrid

Fly out Friday

Sorry for the spare details, this is my first pass at this. I appreciate any help you can give me. This is our first trip to Spain, although we took the kids to France two years ago and they loved it and were fantastic travelers. We did Paris, Loire valley, and drove to Normandy over 10 days and that was a good pace for us.

Thanks!

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,047 reviews
from US$145.40*
Special Offer
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,951 reviews
from US$43.90*
US$48.80
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,652 reviews
from US$111.40*
5-Day Spain Tour: Seville, Cordoba...
254 reviews
from US$664.80*
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,733 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip itinerary for family during Easter

beachmom:

You can do a day trip from Madrid to Toledo. Read about this day trip in the Madrid forum. In Madrid many people also take another day trip to Segovia.

For train travel, read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

I always stay at the Hotel Becquer in Seville. It is a very good hotel and walking distance to most sights.

You need to make hotel reservations now because during Easter everyone in Spain will be on vacation and hotels will be full. I am going to Seville on Easter and made my hotel reservations in November.

2. Re: Trip itinerary for family during Easter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:19