We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on proposed 2 week southern Spain and Marid itinerary

Royersford...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Advice on proposed 2 week southern Spain and Marid itinerary

I'm a student studying abroad in Europe this spring, and I'm going to spend 2 weeks in Madrid and southern Spain this February. I've already got another trip planned for Barcelona and the Basque region for April, so I'll exclude those from this trip. My proposed idea is:

Sat: Arrive Madrid (sleep Madrid)

Sun: Day in Madrid (sleep Madrid)

Mon: Day in Toledo (sleep Toledo)

Tues: Travel to Granada via Madrid (sleep Granada)

Wed: Day in Granada (sleep Granada)

Thur: Day in Nerja (sleep Nerja)

Fri: Day in Gibraltar (sleep Gibraltar)

Sat: Day in Ronda (sleep Ronda)

Sun: Travel to Sevilla - could spend some time in Ronda if have lost time (sleep Sevilla)

Mon: Day in Sevilla (sleep Sevilla)

Tues: Day in Cordoba (sleep Cordoba)

Wed: Travel to and more time in Madrid (sleep Madrid)

Thur: Day in Segovia (sleep Segovia)

Fri: Day in Avila / El Escorial / Valley of the Fallen (sleep Madrid)

Sat: Fly out of Madrid in afternoon (morning in Madrid)

I'll be doing it all by train/bus. Also, I'll be traveling alone. I'd appreciate any feedback as to whether these destinations sound good and whether any of it sounds too crazy.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on proposed 2 week southern Spain and Marid itinerary

Emily:

I would do Toledo as a day trip from Madrid. Read about this day trip in the top questions of the Madrid forum.

For train travel, read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and BOOK EARLY.

I would skip Gibraltar and add the day to Seville. The governments of Gibraltar and Spain are having a quarrel and it may take hours to cross the border. Besides, Gibraltar is mostly a shopping experience and is not worth it.

2. Re: Advice on proposed 2 week southern Spain and Marid itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 05:18