We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Europe Summer Holiday- where to go and what to do!

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Europe Summer Holiday- where to go and what to do!

Hello

My boyfriend and are are travelling to Europe in June/July this year. We are planning a 'summer getaway' and are open to suggestions! I have never been before and have a few 'touristy' places I want to go to and 'tick' off the bucket list!

We fly into Barcelona at 1:40 in the afternoon on the 21st of June.

We depart Athens at 4:10 in the afternoon on the 10th of July.

I know this trip is not long but some of the places I was interested in seeing were:

Barcelona

Madrid

French Riviera (Nice/Cannes/Monte Carlo)

Amalfi Coast (Positano, Capri)

Croatia (Split, Hvar)

Greece (Mykonos, Santorini)

I am interested in seeing these main touristy places in this order? I know it might not be feasible but am open to suggestions! Any tips on travel transportation would be appreciated! I know we would be covering all these places extensively but rather just getting a 'taste', so that we could return again and stay in the places we like for longer. We are both in our late twenties and enjoy food, wine and beautiful scenery!

Please help! :)

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,117 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Europe Summer Holiday- where to go and what to do!

ABC:

I suggest you spend all your time in Spain. Besides Barcelona and Madrid you can see the wonderful cities of Cordoba, Seville, and Granada.

For train travel:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

While in Madrid do one day trip to Toledo and another to Segovia. Read about these day trips in the top questions of the Madrid forum.

For Granada, stay 2 days to see the Alhambra. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and BOOK EARLY.

For sights, read the top questions in the forum of each city.

Spain will have the best food. About 30% of tourists visit Spain just to eat well.

2. Re: Europe Summer Holiday- where to go and what to do!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 06:19