We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested Itinerary

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Suggested Itinerary

Hello,

My husband & I are going to Spain for 12 nights as part of a bigger European holiday end of October & first week of November & we are struggling with the itinerary and logistics. I am hoping to get some advice, we don't really have a love for museums but are totally foodies, love wine tasting, tapas bars & want to go to a flamenco show somewhere as well.

So far we have planned a rough itinerary as:

4 nights in Barcelona

2 nights in Seville

2 nights in Malaga

2 nights in Granada

1 night in Madrid, fly out from there in the afternoon of the second day.

It feels a bit rushed, I am not sure if it is better to cut out Malaga or Granada and spend 2 nights in Madrid & 3 nights in Seville.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,246 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggested Itinerary

Personally, with the time you have I would base in Barcelona, Seville (home of flamenco and tapas) and Madrid.

Flights Barcelona to Seville www.vueling.com Barcelona airport bus www.aerobusbcn.com

Trains Seville to Madrid www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros.index.html

You could break your journey to Madrid at Cordoba, lodge your luggage at the station, outside the station take the local bus to the Mezquita. You will have to pay for two train sectors.

Excursions, from Barcelona to Montserrat barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/tour/barcelon… From Seville to Ronda bus www.samar.es/horarios/nacional www.turismoderonda.es

From Madrid to Toledo train www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros./index.html www.go-toledo.com

www.barcelonaturisme.com www.timeout.com/barcelona

www.sevillaonline.es www.andalucia.com/cities/sevilla.htm

www.madridtourist.info www.timeout.com.madrid

www.spain.info

On the respective forum pages you will find further information

Accommodation www.venere.com

Edited: 23 January 2014, 07:45
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,131 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggested Itinerary

For train travel:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

3. Re: Suggested Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:19