We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona and Madrid?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona and Madrid?

My family of 4 with two teens ages 14 and 18 is going to Spain over Spring Break during Holy Week. We will have Wednesday through Sunday on the ground, but know that Good Friday and Sunday may be impacted by closings. We are flying in and out of Barcelona.

What kinds of things will be impacted by Holy week closings?

Do you suggest a side trip from Barcelona to Madrid for several days or travel to smaller cities in proximity to Barcelona, and if so, which ones? My kids like a combination of cultural experiences (Museums, history, etc.) with local color, (biking, beaches, sporting events).

This is all of our first trip to Spain and I am sure won't be our last. Advice?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,245 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona and Madrid?

Loma:

I do not think you have time to go to Madrid because you need a minimum of 4 days in Madrid. I would just stay in Barcelona because there are many sights to keep you busy.

Many stores may be closed on Good Friday and Easter Sunday. Most restaurants will be open.

I suggest one day trip to Montserrat and another to Figueres to see the Dali Museum. Read about these in the top questions of the Barcelona forum.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona and Madrid?

Thank you for your thoughts. Very helpful. what are your favorite unique things to do in Barcelona with kids this age? Can we see a soccer game, and if so how do we get tickets?

3. Re: Barcelona and Madrid?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 07:17