We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seville or Bilbao Spain ?

Chennai, Tamil...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Seville or Bilbao Spain ?

We are planning to spend about 7 to 8 days in spain in the month of May. We have been to Italy and France earlier. So Please let us know which is better. Seville to see the old city or Bilbao to see Guggenheim? It takes 5 hours from Madrid by Train and our budget does not permit a flight to Bilbao.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seville or Bilbao Spain ?

Hola Abishek1907,

These can't be more different. Sevilla is a beautiful city that summarizes the "quintessential typical topic Spain", so perfect if you are looking for a truly Spanish experience. Bilbao is not only the Guggenheim but a fine city where you can experience the Basque food and culture (that some will say its not Spanish, but precisely for that reason not less interesting).

I will not dare to say which one is better because both are two of my favorite cities for very different reasons. but mostly because what's better for me, may be worse for you. To be honest, if I had to choose a city in the North it will probably be San Sebastián with a daytrip to Bilbao. And if I had to choose a city in the South, Granada would win over Sevilla... But these are not the ones you're asking about ;)

Read a bit more about each one and decide which one appeals more to *you*

I doubt budget is a factor. You can get return flights to Bilbao for 80€ or less if you bought your tickets in advance, this is about the same price than a fast AVE train from Madrid to Sevilla (a cheaper slower train, if this exist, or bus, will take about 5 hours too, distances are similar)

Whatever you decide, it's a win-win situation. Have a great trip!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,245 posts
3,585 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seville or Bilbao Spain ?

Abishek:

I would choose Seville, a beautiful Andalusian city with plenty of charm. You can see the Cathedral, Giralda Tower, and the Alcazar for starters. Read the top questions in the Seville forum for what to see. Seville is much larger than Bilbao.

A very good hotel where I stay in is the Hotel Becquer, walking distance to most sights.

For train travel:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

Edited: 26 February 2014, 04:38
3. Re: Seville or Bilbao Spain ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 05:19