We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help us Plan 3 week trip from Spain, Portugal and Morocco

Liverpool, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Help us Plan 3 week trip from Spain, Portugal and Morocco

Hello everyone!

Was hoping the collective wisdom on TripAdvisor could help us plan a proposed 3 week holiday between Spain, Portugal and Morocco.

Basically, me and my mate are hoping to go between December the 15th to January the 10th to the three countries.

Specifically, we are hoping to start off in Spain then go to Portugal and then Morocco.

However, we have some questions.

1) What is the best order to do the three countries? Does anyone have any recommendations e.g. Spain first, Portugal second etc

2) Realistically, how long should we spend in each of the three countries? Although we could do 1 week per country, we don't know whether that is a good idea.

3) Any suggestions on what cities are a MUST see? As you can tell, we are pretty new to these countries and thinking of the bog standard Madrid, Barcelona stop offs. However, what would you guys recommend? Any hidden pearls in Spain, Portugal or Morocco?

4) Travel between countries. At first we thought of driving between the three yet it became more hassle than it was worth (more time travelling than enjoying the sites). Would you guys recommend flying between the three or is there means of training it?

Additionally, if you guys have any other suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Thanks

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help us Plan 3 week trip from Spain, Portugal and Morocco

3 countries in 3 weeks during the holidays (when there are closings) is only going to give you a taste of the major cities. For example if you choose Madrid and Barcelona you'll have just enough time to visit these cities in one week and nothing else. So you'll miss Andalucia. I'd fly versus drive as you won't have much use with the car in the cities and it will be time consuming. Obviously you'll have to fly or take a ferry from Spain/Portugal to Morocco. It's hard to say what a "must see" is given the limited time and also not really knowing your interests.

I'd seriously consider scaling back the geography. 3 weeks would be a good amount of time to enjoy Madrid, Barcelona and Andalucia (perhaps Sevilla, Granada, Malaga, Cordoba).

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,054 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help us Plan 3 week trip from Spain, Portugal and Morocco

On current summer flight schedules, your itinerary pattern could be.

Liverpool to Barcelona fly www.easyjet.com

Barcelona to Marrakech fly www.vueling.com

Marrakech to Fez train www.oncf.ma

Fez to Madrid fly www.ryanair.com

Madrid to Oporto Fly www.ryanair.com or bus www.alsa.es

Oporto to Lisbon Trains www.cp.pt or bus www.rede-expressos.pt

Lisbon to Liverpool fly www.easyjet.com

www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com www.barcelonaturisme.com www.timeout.com/barcelona

www.visitmorocco.com

www.madrid-tourist-guide.com www.madridtourist.info www.timeout.com/madrid

www.gooporto.com www.golisbon.com

www.visitliverpool.com :)

Accommodation www.venere.com

Edited: 06 March 2014, 23:55
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help us Plan 3 week trip from Spain, Portugal and Morocco

Muhammad:

There is much more to see in Spain than in Morocco or Portugal. I suggest 2 weeks in Spain and the other week for Lisbon and Morocco.

The best way to travel in Spain is the train:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

Cities you should see in Spain:

1. Barcelona - 4 days

2. Madrid - Stay 4 days and make one day trip to Toledo and another to Segovia. Read about these day trips in the top questions of the Madrid forum.

3. Cordoba - 1 day

4. Granada - You need 2 days here. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and BOOK EARLY.

5. Seville- 3 days

4. Re: Help us Plan 3 week trip from Spain, Portugal and Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 07:23