We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

regional train?

Warsaw, Poland
1 post
Save Topic
regional train?

hi

i am planning to travel to spain in June.

I was wondering if there is cheap regional train in Spain, and does anyone know the estimation of the price. I am planning to go to madrid, malaga, and barcelona. anyone knows how much it cost to board a regional train between these cities?

thanks!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: regional train?

Boarding regional trains to travel between madrid, barcelona and malaga, is quite a nuisance, especially, bearing in mind the distances to cover.

Between Madrid and Barcelona there are only AVE trains. A ticket might cost more than 99,5 euros one way, but the train covers a distance of 800 km in 3,5 hours. Alternatively you can get the Estrella overnight trains for 44,5 euros one way.

Same goes for Madrid to Malaga, though you can find AVE or Altaria trains for 65 euros one way (but no night service)

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,524 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: regional train?

Katon:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

3. Re: regional train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 06:15