We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in Spain, Barcelona to Barcelona

perth, australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks in Spain, Barcelona to Barcelona

My husband and I are travelling around Spain by train for 2 weeks from Barcelona, ending in Barcelona early July. We want to go to Seville, and possible touch on Portugal. I would appreciate some suggestions as not sure what is the best way to go. Interested in food and culture, especially flamenco! Any suggestions please

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks in Spain, Barcelona to Barcelona

flamenco is native of Andalusia, although you can find some shows catering tourists also in madrid and barcelona. As flamenco is the main interest of your trip, I would focus mainly in Andalusia, so for example:

Barcelona plane (www.vueling.com) to Granada: 2/3 nights

Train to Cordoba: 1 night

Train to Seville: 5/6 nights (where you can daytrip to Jerez/Cadiz and/or Ronda... many more possibilities here)

Train/Plane to Barcelona: 4/5 nights

perth, australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks in Spain, Barcelona to Barcelona

Thank you for such a prompt reply, most helpful

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,117 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks in Spain, Barcelona to Barcelona

kate:

For train travel:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

Here is an itinerary:

Barcelona - 4 days.

Take the AVE to Madrid and stay 4 days. Do one day trip to Toledo and another to Segovia. Read about these day trips in the top questions of the Madrid forum.

Take the train to Cordoba and stay 1 day.

Take the train to Granada and stay 2 days. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and BOOK EARLY. A good hotel downtown is the Vincci Albayzin. Read my recent review of the hotel in TA.

Take the train to Seville and stay 3 days. A good hotel is the Hotel Becquer. I have recently reviewed this hotel also. Check the top questions in the Seville forum for flamenco places.

Fly Vueling to Barcelona.

4. Re: 2 weeks in Spain, Barcelona to Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 06:15