We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 Day Itinerary

Des Plaines...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
12 Day Itinerary

I'm planning out a 12 day itinerary for Spain (not including days flying into or out of Spain). It will be pretty busy, but I've traveled a lot and tend to prefer it that way. This will be my first trip to Spain, and I plan on using public transit. I prefer history/culture/museums to the night life or beaches. Would you be able to offer any suggestions?

Tentative plan:

Day 1-2 Seville (having flown in the night before, 3 nights)

Day 3 - Early train to Granada (in ~10 AM), rest of day in Granada

Day 4 - Granada (total 1.5 days, 2 nights)

Day 5 - Train/bus to Cordoba (in ~11:30 AM unless there is an earlier option?), Afternoon/early evening in Cordoba. Evening train to Madrid

Day 6-7 - Madrid

Day 8 - Toledo day trip

Day 9 - El Escorial day trip (Total 4 days/nights Madrid area) & Evening train to Barcelona

Day 10 - 11 Barcelona (2 days, 3 nights)

(Fly out next morning from Barcelona)

I'm torn on what to do with my remaining day - should I spend it in Madrid itself, as a day trip to Sergovia from Madrid, or in Barcelona?

Thanks

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,298 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 Day Itinerary

Inmk:

I would spend your extra day in Madrid and do the day trip to Segovia. Read about this day trip in the top questions of the Madrid forum.

For train travel:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and BOOK EARLY. A good hotel in Granada is the Vincci Albayzin.

A good hotel in Seville is the Hotel Becquer.

You can read my reviews of these hotels in TA.

2. Re: 12 Day Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 13:43
Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,099 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 Day Itinerary

it is indeed a busy itinerary, and you will miss some of the main sights in seville, barcelona and madrid (which deserve more time), but all and all it is a nice itinerary!

4. Re: 12 Day Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 06:16