We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spain trip and travel jitters

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Spain trip and travel jitters

Hey allWell the mother and I leave this upcoming Sat for a 2 week getaway to Spain. Besides some left over planning, I guess I'm just feeling anxious and jittery but for the most part as I tend to be before most trips. As 2 women traveling together on our own, besides petty theft and pickpocketing, are there really other issues for us to be aware of as far as travel goes? We are well traveled and possess travel common sense.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,651 posts
3,568 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spain trip and travel jitters

lil:

I travel in Spain frequently and at hotels see many women traveling by themselves only. Spain is very safe for women traveling by themselves.

At night, stay on main streets with plenty of people because there is safety in numbers. If you find yourselves alone on a street, find a street with many people. This will avoid mugging.

Avoid the metro in Madrid and Barcelona because that is where pickpockets ply their trade. Take a taxi to avoid them, which I do. Taxis in Spain are cheap compared to the US. I used to live in California.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spain trip and travel jitters

Taxi drivers steal I phone. Be careful with your phones. My daughter was showing the destination address to the taxi driver in Valencia. He stole the phone from her hand and drove off

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Spain trip and travel jitters

Taxi drivers steal I phone. Be careful with your phones. My daughter was showing the destination address to the taxi driver in Valencia. He stole the phone from her hand and drove off

4. Re: Spain trip and travel jitters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2015, 06:16