We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help - 10 days in Spain

New York
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary help - 10 days in Spain

Hi! My wife and I are going to Spain for 10 days in July. We're from NY. We trying to figure out where we should spend the 10 days. The only thing certain is that we want to spend 3 or 4 days in Barcelona. Other than this, we're open (and need) suggestions. We're both 33 years old and are looking for the typical stuff.....sight seeing, eating, beaches, etc....nothing out of the norm. A friend mentioned Seville and Granada, but they seem far from Barcelona.

Can someone please help!?!?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,191 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help - 10 days in Spain

You can fly Barcelona to Granada www.vueling.com Visiting The Alhambra, booking tickets in advance www.ticketmaster.es www.lovegranada.com

Trains Granada to Seville www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html or Bus www.alsa.es www.sevillaonline.es

Fly Seville to Barcelona www.vueling.com

www.barcelonaturisme.com www.timeout.com/barcelona.

Should you have time day trips, from Barcelona to Montserrat barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/tour/barcelon… www.montserrat-tourist-guide.com

From Seville to Cordoba by Renfe trains, outside Cordoba train station take a taxi or local bus to The Mezquita www.catedraldecordoba.es/visita/index.html

Accommodation www.venere.com

Edited: 16 May 2014, 04:10
Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help - 10 days in Spain

Presuming ten days includes flight arrival and departure days, stick with Barcelona (beaches and nearby) and Madrid. Any more is a stretch and a rush to my mind, but you are young enough to cope maybe.

Navigate and look to the Top Questions >>>>>>>>>>

on either forum to see what suits you for each city.

New York
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help - 10 days in Spain

Thanks for your responses! We will be there for 10 nights. What do you suggest (and why)?

5 nights in Barcelona

5 nights in Madrid

or

4 nights Barcelona

3 nights Madrid

3 nights Seville

Please make any other suggestions. Right now we're just trying to figure out where we spend our nights.

New York
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help - 10 days in Spain

Or another itinerary option:

4 nights Barcelona

3 nights Madrid

3 nights Granada

Please offer any/all suggestions....feel free to tweak the # of days in each location. help!!!!! :-)

New York
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary help - 10 days in Spain

We are flying into Barcelona the out of Madrid. Does this make sense? If so, what towns should we visit?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,699 posts
3,654 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary help - 10 days in Spain

mike:

My suggestion:

3 nights Barcelona.

Take the AVE to Madrid:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

4 nights in Madrid. Do one day trip to Toledo and another to Segovia. Read about these day trips in the top questions of the Madrid forum.

Take the train to Granada and stay 2 nights. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and BOOK EARLY.

A good hotel is the Vincci Albayzin.

Take the train to Seville and stay 2 or 3 days. A good hotel I always stay in is the Hotel Becquer, walkable to most sights.

Have a great trip!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,522 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary help - 10 days in Spain

It makes sense to do Barcelona first then Granada using the excellent Vueling flight then take the train or bus but I prefer the train over to Seville (3 hours) and then Seville to Madrid on the fast train (2 1/2 hours) and finish in Madrid before your flight home. Stay at least overnight in Granada and book entry tickets online for Alhambra and stay 2 or 3 nights in Seville which is lovely in evening and night but daytime can be hot so stick to the shady parts !

8. Re: Itinerary help - 10 days in Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:17