We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Advice

Save Topic
Travel Advice

I am a 52 yr old female who has never travelled alone abroad before and I've just booked flight only to Malaga for a week in September. I want to find somewhere to stay which is relaxing and away from any union jack/football shirt wearing brits, English/Scottish/Irish bars and expats. Happy to travel from Malaga to surrounding areas either inland or on the coast (as long as they are relatively easy to get to by train or bus). Budget is tight so looking for hostels or guest houses (around £15 - £20 per night) basic but clean (not dormitories) . Not looking for night life just good tapas bars/restaurants serving real local Spanish cuisine. Enjoy going to art galleries and museums, walking and swimming. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,524 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Advice

Jacqueline:

The foreign influence in Malaga City is very small and it is probably the most Spanish city on the Costa del Sol. With all our museums in Malaga you will not be bored.

The Ibis Malaga Centro Ciudad is a good hotel with a good location and the price is less than 60 euros a night.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Advice

Malaga city fits your criteria and is the transport hub.

If you use www.booking.com (especially as revues and testimonials can only be made by someone who has certainly stayed at a premises) you should find a large selection of premises to suit. Ensure you understand where a premises is, i.e. Malaga in the address does not necessarily mean in the city.

Edited: 19 May 2014, 08:37
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,536 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Advice

For your budget of around Euros 25 maximum I think you need to look at somewhere east of Malaga like Rincon de la Victoria or inland. I know more about budget places in Cadiz Province and for example have used a place in the centre of Jerez which is clean and friendly and for a single bedroom may cost around that price. This is called a Pension or sometimes a Hostal not to be confused with a Hostel. There are many to be found but unfortunately I do not know the ones in Malaga or east of Malaga. I would think that somewhere like this place but less expensive in Rincon may be good.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g673872-d119094…

The bus between Malaga and Rincon is quite frequent taking about 30 minutes with one way fare from Malaga of Euros 1.65.

4. Re: Travel Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 07:23