We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spanish Train Tickets

Christchurch New...
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Spanish Train Tickets

Have just purchased tickets direct from Renfe. When I printed tickets our names do not appear on them is this normal? Also I had to provide our passport details, however when we travel I will be travelling on a new passport - will this cause an issue?

Thanks

Susan

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,244 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spanish Train Tickets

Susan:

Renfe is planning to print your name on the ticket in the future, but apparently it has not taken place yet. Having a new passport will not cause you any problem with the ticket you bought. Do not worry.

Christchurch New...
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spanish Train Tickets

Thank you very much!

Kind regards

SUsan

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,026 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spanish Train Tickets

Names will not be printed on the tickets, however a code will be on the ticket that the ticket inspector scans and reveals to them your name and seat reservation number.

Christchurch New...
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spanish Train Tickets

Thanks for that - was wondering how system worked. Now it is clear.

Thank you again

Susan

5. Re: Spanish Train Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 05:16