We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bcn-mad OR mad-bcn? Also itinerary help

montreal, canada
Level Contributor
317 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
bcn-mad OR mad-bcn? Also itinerary help

This will be our first time in Spain. We will be staying at Melia hotels with a 400,000 points budget.

We can arrive afternoon of September 18th and leave afternoon of October 5th with either option. Based on itinerary below, which would be our better option?

Starting or ending in Barcelona?

Also we were wondering would it be feasible to fit in Mallorca, and maybe cut a few days elsewhere?

List of places we would like to visit (either day trip, or longer). Of course, we are open to adding, swapping or removing.

Barcelona

Madrid (toledo)

Seville

Granada

Malaga

Cordoba

Jerez

Marbella

Cadiz

Valencia

Many thanks in advance!

los altos...
Level Contributor
458 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bcn-mad OR mad-bcn? Also itinerary help

It appears that you have 17 days. I have now spent about 5 weeks in Spain over 2 trips. In my opinion, Barcelona, Madrid, Granada, and Seville each deserve 3 days, and preferably 4 or 5 days in Barcelona and Madrid. I think you are trying to see way too much - it would only be a blur.

montreal, canada
Level Contributor
317 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bcn-mad OR mad-bcn? Also itinerary help

Thank You for your feedback.

We really want to make sure we have enough time to explore the small towns. 4 days each for BCN and Madrid I think would be our maximum.

Also, we have free stays with any Melia hotel for all nights in Spain provided we don't go over our reward point budget... so would appreciate to squeeze a few nights in their resorts.

Would you start or end in BCN?

montreal, canada
Level Contributor
317 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bcn-mad OR mad-bcn? Also itinerary help

Would appreciate feedback..

:)

4. Re: bcn-mad OR mad-bcn? Also itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 06:16