We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip from Granada

usa
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Topic
day trip from Granada

Looking for a day trip or possible overnight from Granada that would preferably fall along one of the main bus lines to Cordoba, Malaga, Almeria or Seville. Would like a smaller town/village with Spanish charm. Would prefer it to be along one of these main bus routes as it seems those off these lines have schedules that are not convenient..having only one time per day, or arriving late at night. So does anyone have any 'off the beaten' track places that may not be off the beaten track as it were. Or someplace that you know is easily accesible from Granada via bus, with easy times?

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip from Granada

Guadix - one hour east of Granada by frequent bus (and not so frequent train).

I have only spent an hour there and must go back.

DYOR.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip from Granada

I would look into Osuna, Antequera (both accessible by train) or Priego de Cordoba (bus). These are all a little off the beaten track and very nice for a daytrip or one night visit.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip from Granada

Antequera would be my suggestion too.

Or take the bus up into the Alpujarras for stunning scenery.

Or, if you fancy a break on the coast, bus to Almunecar or Nerja.

See www.alsa.es for bus timetables and prices etc.

4. Re: day trip from Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2010, 05:19